The Stay and Spend Tax Credit Scheme is a new tax credit introduced by the government in order to support the hotel and hospitality industry, which were badly hit by the covid-19 pandemic.
This scheme allows individuals to claim tax back on certain qualifying expenses such as the cost of accommodation, food and non-alcoholic drink incurred between 1 October 2020 and 30 April 2021.
Am I entitled to claim The Stay and Spend tax credit?
You are entitled to claim this tax credit if you are:
- A taxpayer and you spend a minimum of €25 in a single transaction on any qualifying expenses from a qualifying service provider.
- If your qualifying expense was incurred in between 1 October 2020 and 30 April 2021.
What are the Qualifying expenses?
The following are the qualifying expenses:
- Accommodation – Holiday Hostels, Hotels, Holiday Camps, Bed And Breakfasts, Caravans, Camping Parks, Holiday Apartments, Approved Holiday Cottages, Youth Hostels.
- Food and non-alcoholic drink – consumed on the premises of a qualifying service provider on an eat-in basis.
Who are the qualifying service providers?
Using The Revenue’s list of qualifying service providers you can check who are the qualifying service providers.
How can I claim Tax Back on the ‘Stay and spend ’ scheme?
- You can always choose to do it by yourself online.
- But choosing us would be your best option.
We carefully review your tax records and go back as far as 4 years, to find every possible tax credit that you are entitled too.
We make sure that your expenses are in the revenue approved category.
So why wait? Apply now by filling out our 1-minute application form.
And as always, we promise to not charge you if you are not due a tax rebate.
Apply Now! No refund, No Fee!
Apply now! No Refund, No Fee!